Click the link to join
our mailing list!
To have information sent out in the E-News simply send an email to !
MnSOC meets monthly on the first Tuesday from 4-5:30 at the Family Partnership
The next MnSOC meeting will be held: December 3
4123 E Lake St
Mpls, MN 55407
Future Meeting Dates:
- January 7
- February 4
- March 4
- April 1
- May 6
- June 3
- Check back soon to see our updated member list!
Minnesota School Outreach Coalition
To create healthy learning environments that are inclusive, supportive, and safe,
and where dual orientation and gender identity / expressions are respected.
MnSOC Services Include:
- Education: Statewide trainings and in-services for K-12 educational institutions and other organizations seeking additional information about GLBT people, topics, and creating affirming enviroments.
- Technical Assistance: Consultations about particular issues involving sexual orientation or gender identity, including policies regarding "Gay-Straight Alliances"
- Legal Information: Information regarding such statues as the Minnesota Human Rights Act and the Equal Access Act, and how they apply to GLBT individuals or student groups
- Student Oriented Programs: Annual events such as GLBT lobby day at the state capitol, Day of Silence/Night of Noise celebration, and our state-wide youth conference: Q-Quest Youth Fest
- MnSOC Newsletter: The MnSOC e-news comes out two times monthly and features news, events, and meeting minutes from the MN School OUTreach Coalition, as well as other news and events related to LGBTQ education issues in Minnesota. We invite you to subscribe yourself by clicking this link!
We are a coalition of Minnesota students, educators, families, community members, and organizations working within the broad context of schools to address the issues of sexual orientation
and gender identity/expression.